We are committed to supporting you to have your say in your local health services.
We try to provide help in a number of ways including:
- Ensuring all of our engagement materials, such as surveys, can be made available in a variety of formats (on request) including easy read, large print, audio, braille and other language
- Holding meetings in venues that are easy to travel to and have disabled access
- Being able to provide hearing aid loops and translators at meeting
- Providing any public papers being used at engagement meetings in advance to those attending to make sure they have time to read them and think about questions they may have
- Providing speakers at community meetings
- Promoting opportunities to our patient representatives about national engagement programmes
- Promoting training opportunities to our patient representatives.
We also support our staff to engage with our local communities by providing them with training and development opportunities. We have also developed top tips and questions staff should consider then talking to local groups.