This means you can book routine appointments, order repeat prescriptions and access your medical record via a website on the internet or an app.
The many benefits of being able to access your health information and GP practice services include:
* access wherever and whenever you like
* book or cancel appointments online with a GP or nurse
* order repeat prescriptions online
* avoid waiting on the phone when trying to book routine appointments
* view parts of your GP record, including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results
* view clinical correspondence such as hospital discharge summaries, outpatient appointment letters and referral letters
* Easier to manage your healthcare.
This service is FREE and available to everyone who is registered with a GP in the geographical area covered by South Eastern Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group.
Watch a video from NHS England about Marilyn, a patient who believes her medical care has benefited from online access to her health record by clicking here.
- Patient Access
- Evergreen Life/i-Patient
- Engage Consult
- Patient Services
- The Waiting Room
- Various apps available on android and apple
Find out more by reading the patient guide Getting started with GP online services.
If you’re not yet registered with a GP, or need to register with a different one, see how to register with a GP practice.
Patients have been telling us that they are ready and want the opportunity to take more control of their health and wellbeing.
Digital technology has the power to change the relationship between patients and their GP practice, just as it has changed our relationships in other walks of life, such as managing finances or shopping.
It can make services more convenient, personal and efficient.
…and another reason the NHS is doing this
It’s the NHS’s ambition to embrace technology as part of our drive to offer modern, convenient and response services to patients, your families and carers. GP practices are helping to lead the way.