branch graphic

Concerns, complaints and compliments

South Eastern Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group aims to commission high quality services. 

Sometimes things go wrong and when they do we want you to tell us about it. We recognise the value that complaints can provide in planning for the future and in improving services for the benefit of the local community.

We are also very pleased to receive feedback and compliments about our work or the quality of health services you have received as a local resident.

Please note, NHS staff have the right to be treated with respect at all times, and will not tolerate rudeness of any kind. This includes aggressive behaviour or comments and swearing. If this is carried out over the phone we support any member of staff’s decision to terminate the call. All instances of physical abuse to any member of staff will be reported to the police as an assault.

What we can do...

  • Investigate complaints about the actions and services of the CCG itself
  • Investigate complaints about the CCGs staff
  • Investigate complaints about a CCG purchasing decision when this has personally affected an individual
  • Investigate complaints about any health services commissioned by the CCG, if the complaint is received directly by the CCG as the commissioned body.

What we cannot do...

  • Resolve complaints which have been investigated by another responsible NHS body
  • Resolve complaints which are being or have been investigated by the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO).

To tell us about your experience please contact us in one of the following ways:

Watch this video (produced by the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman) which uses British Sign Language to give you tips on making a complaint to the NHS in England, including where to get advice and support.

How to make a complaint or raise a concern, comment or compliment

If you have an issue about health services in your local area please contact the Complaints and Concerns Team:

Online: Through our secure online form which is available in the left hand column of this page.


Phone: 023 9228 2081 (8.30am - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday)

Complaints and Concerns
South Eastern Hampshire CCG
CommCen Building
Fort Southwick
James Callaghan Drive
PO17 6AR

When you make a complaint you need to provide your postal address, email address (if you have one and wish to use it) and contact telephone number along with as much detail as possible about the complaint. This will help us handle your complaint as quickly as possible. We will ring you to discuss how you would like your complaint handled and what outcome you are seeking.

When we investigate your complaint we may need to share your personal information with other organisations. We will only share information that is relevant to the investigation and it will only be disclosed to those people who have a clear need to know for the purposes of investigating your concern. It will help us to handle your complaint as quickly as possible if you give us your consent to share your information if required when you make your complaint.

Complaints and concerns the CCG does not handle

If you have a complaint about your GP practice, please contact your practice manager in the first instance by visiting your practice's website.

Or, alternatively, you can raise complaints about a GP, dentist, pharmacy, optician, or GP services (but not Out of Hours) with the NHS England:


Phone: 0300 311 2233

NHS England
PO Box 16738
B97 9PT

Where can I get support?

If you would like independent advice or support through the complaints process, Hampshire Advocacy offer an Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS) which may be able to help you. This is a free, independent and confidential service that offers help and information in making a complaint about the NHS.

To contact the Advocacy Team
Call the helpline: 023 8077 6657
Email: via

Please visit for more information.                                                                                           

What if I am not satisfied with the response?

If you are not satisfied with our response you should write to us stating the reasons why you are dissatisfied. We will arrange to review and provide a further response to your complaint, unless agreed otherwise.

You have the right to ask the PHSO to review your complaint, at the end of the local resolution stage of the NHS complaints process, if you are not satisfied with the way your complaint has been dealt with by the NHS.  

You can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman at: 

Phone: 0345 015 4033

Text Phone (mini com): 0300 061 4298

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower